Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gran Torino

On Tuesday in class we watched Gran Torino. This movie was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I really didn't think that any movie with Clint Eastwood could be in the any least bit a movie with an actual meaning other than violence, or at least that was my way of thinking. After watching this movie about a man whose wife had just died. One could definatly say that this man was racist. He lived on a block with mostly Hmong people, an asian culture, in a town of a very diverse demographic. Throughout this movie he learns that being open to learning about differant peoples cultures is not a bad thing, and ends up making friends, and becoming a part of a whole other family. I believe this movie was incredibly powerful in the way that it protrays the fact that being open to learning about other people and their culture is a very good idea. This movie was amazing and left me not only entertained and informed, which in my eyes is the best thing a movie can do for a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment