Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kanye and Taylor Swift

So, were aloud to write about anything that happens in class the previous week. So I'm going to write about the Kanye and Taylor Swift incidence at the VMA's. When we first started talking about it in class, I hadn't heard about it and I didn't know what had happened, so I went home and researched it. Well, I thought what Kanye did, going and hopping up on stage while Taylor Swift was giving her acceptance speech and announced that Beyonce had the all time best music video and hopped back off stage. Seriously, how rude could one person be? I did think it was rather sweet how Beyonce did later on after accepting her own award allow Taylor Swift to come back on stage to say her acceptance speech officially. So then Kanye went on Jay Leno and Leno asked him how he thought his mother, who had recently passed, would react to his out burst. Kanye started crying and what not. Though this was a rather low blow for Leno to use, I did think the whole episode Kanye put on, was a little over the top. Than, on top of all this publicity, I guess Obama was talking with a reporter, thinking their recorder was turned off, and the reporter asked Obama what he thought about the Kanye West incidence, Obama replied, he's a jackass, or something along those lines. He also said, I think I have some bigger things on my plate right now. I think this is simply hilarious. I just think that it's sad that something this stupid and unimportant makes the news, seriously isn't there more important issues in the news today?

No comments:

Post a Comment