Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Class Today

Today in class we mostly talked about putting together a outline for our speeches. We began class talking about the seven steps to correctly put together a speech, and had to get into a group we had yet to be in. This I didn't find to be to hard of a thing to do, considering the fact that I feel I am a pretty friendly person, and the whole class pretty much knows each other to a decent extent right now. Then my group came up with the idea of creating an entertaining speech about carnies. I really didn't think that this would be as controversial of an issue as it turned out to be later in class. I understand that I may have other classmates that live in lower income families, but were not trying to take a jab at those people. The purpose of our speech was just to entertain people with funny instances of carnie people and their work. I really couldn't see the bad in that situation, but I understand my professor's warnings, and the fact that she was trying to get us to actually analyze our audience before the speech. All in all I thought it was a good class, but then again, I've yet to have a bad one...knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment